Scanner Radio Pro
Listen to live audio from over 2,900 police and fire scanners, weather radios, and amateur radio repeaters from around the world (with more being added daily).
- Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites list for quick access.
- View scanners that are located nearest you, sorted by distance, by clicking on “Near Me”
- View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners (updated every 5 minutes).
- View list of scanners added most recently (new additions are being added all the time).
- Browse the directory of scanner feeds by location or by genre (public safety, weather, railroad, etc).
- Configure alerts to have the app notify you when lots of people are listening to a scanner (indicating that something big may be happening).
- Add Scanner Radio widgets and/or shortcuts to your phone’s home screen for quick access.
- Add a “Scanner Radio Favorite” shortcut to your home screen to launch a scanner feed via an alarm clock app or automation app.
In addition to the above features, you also get the following features with this version of the app:
- The ads are removed.
- Allows you to specify what times of day you want to receive listener alerts.
- Allows you to setup listener alerts for scanners located near you.
- The play button at the top of the directory screens and on the widgets is functional.
- Allows you to listen to archived audio (from the past 30 days) if you have a RadioReference.com Premium Subscription. Their premium subscription is $15 for 6 months, without it you will not be able to access their audio archives using the app.
• Improved look and feel.
• Fixed a bug which can cause the player to start playing audio after returning to the app after previously stopping the player via the button on the notification.
• Added a message to be displayed when servers are temporarily unavailable due to over capacity.
• “Unmute” button no longer included on alert notification if alerts aren’t configured to be audible.
• Added “Pro” badge to app icon.
- Download Apk (link below).
- On your Android device, go to settings > security > allow unknown sources.
- Find downloaded APK on your phone and install it.
- All Done. Enjoy!